Friday 19 August 2011

My beloved San Jie~



Today I would like to post about my Ball Jointed Doll or simply BJD, my beloved San Jie.  Before I could post this, I bet you guys didn't know what is BJD, isn't it?  I guess I could explain a little.

*Ehem*

A ball-jointed doll is any doll that is articulated with ball and socket joints. In contemporary usage when referring to modern dolls, and particularly when using the acronyms BJD or ABJD, it usually refers to modern Asian ball-jointed dolls. These are cast in polyurethane synthetic resin, a hard, dense plastic, and the parts strung together with a thick elastic. They are predominantly produced in Japan, South Korea and China. The BJD style has been described as both realistic and influenced by anime.They commonly range in size from about 60 centimetres (24 in) for the larger dolls, 40 cm (16 in) for the mini dolls, and all the way down to 10 cm (4 in) or so for the tiniest of the tiny BJDs. BJDs are primarily intended for adult collectors and customizers. They are made to be easy to customize, by painting, changing the eyes and wig, and so forth.
                                                                                     
If you guys don't know how it looks like, then I'll show you how it looks like and how I buy my very first doll.

It all started 2 years ago when I still studied at Unisel Shah Alam ( now I'm study in Unikop..sob,sob..) when I was YM-ing with my older sister who studied at Aussie that time.  She showed me several pics of BJD and that time I fell in love at first sight with them and vowed to myself that I will buy myself at least 4 BJDs.

It took me 1 year to collect money to buy my very 1st BJD in Ebay and I manage to collect about RM 1000++ this year and using my Paypal account, I manage buy my BJD and I received him at 8th January.  Here's the picture of him if you want to know....

Here's the box that he came with...It was carefully wrapped by the dealer that I deal with.


  Inside the package, came a beautiful light blue box with the doll's company logo, Illusion Spirit.

 Quilt-wrapped mummy with a free wig~



  His I/C and by the way, his name isn't Adrian..That's the sculpt name provided from Illusion Spirit.


                                                 
  A naked and bald boy holding his I/C..


                                               
Now it feels so much better wearing the wig~

                                                 
  The boots that I bought for him in Ebay..

                                                
  Whoopsie! I can see his crotch from here~

                                                             
    A close up look..

                          
                                 
San Jie says "Hi!" from the moment he went out from the box~

I really treasure him so much since he is my very 1st doll that I bought with my pocket money(Because of that, I've gotten myself increase several kilos because I tied my stomach in order to buy him and became a shopaholic because I endured myself from buying the things I want...sob, sob..T_____T).

                                                         OMAKE 

I just finish face-upping him today and I wasn't expecting this because I wanted him to have natural look, not this goth look..But I'm quite satisfied because it's my first time face-upping him and I want to improve my face-upping skills so my boy can shows his real personality and his beauty..(Mianhae, San Jie..Mommy is really bad at doing this..T________T).

No comments:

Post a Comment